spacca napoli

September 5, 2012
Untitled
Confession: I don't really like deep dish pizza. There, I said it. I'm sorry, Chicago! I prefer my pizza to be saturated with basil and garlic-- not cheese. I like the pizza-oven-smokiness from thin crust. And I like that it's acceptable (and standard) for one person to eat the entire pizza by herself.

Untitled Untitled Untitled
Enter: Spacca Napoli. I don't think any of the pizzas on the menu had more than 4 ingredients (we shared a marinara and a mushroom truffle oil pizza bianca). I loved that the pizzas came unsliced, that wine was served in tiny, flat glasses, and that I almost completely forgot that cheese belonged on pizzas during this meal.

No bad, Chicago. Not bad.

spacca Untitled Untitled

7 comments:

  1. looks delicious! i will have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY FAVORITE PIZZA PLACE!!! I honestly almost shrieked when I saw this come up in my Reader today. You are killing me with your Chicago glimpses lately, I mean it. Missing my hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous pictures, gorgeous girls! miss you all a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! You made it to my neighborhood (and one of its gems!) while in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. That pizza looks like gusta pizza in Florence... yummmmmy!

    ReplyDelete