a litte makeover

November 6, 2011
november 8-13th
Who am I kidding-- this is a BIG makeover!

The amazing and wonderfully talented Suzy created my new header and sidebar illustrations and I am in love! (I tweaked the rest of the layout myself). If anyone is thinking of giving their blog a new look, I highly recommend her-- she's an amazing artist and really easy to work with.

Instead of completely revamping everything and pretending like nothing happened, I thought I'd give a little insight to the illustrations. I asked Suzy to add the books, tea, globe, and stars because I felt that together, they represented my little corner of the internet.

Books: Some of my best childhood companions. My favorite way to get lost is in a book.
Tea: I'm obsessed (especially with tea parties) and it represents my blog's "food tendencies."
Globe: For all the travels, you know?
Stars: My name, Celeste Noche, means "heavenly night." I've always admired the night sky so I think my parents did a good job naming me.

Other than that-- I hope you'll take a look around! Everything is updated and new!

*Photos from the week.

PS - This is the original drawing I sent in to Suzy. It's pretty sweet that she got THAT ^^^ from this:

17 comments:

  1. I like the illustrations :) It's fun how the tea pot and tea cup seem to interact :)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks amazing and so perfect for you! I adore your header :) hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new look girl! I agree, Suzy is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It has such a whimsical and romantic feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with you. Suzi did an awesome job with your blog <3

    my favorite is the header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, so fancy! i love it. love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I found your blog through Suzy's blog. Isn't she fantastic?! She did my blog makeover, too. Your header is so pretty and whimsy. I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw, thanks for the kind words celeste. :) i'm happy with how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute. everything looks great. lovely header! way to go suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love it too! it looks really sweet and she did a really great job! it always feels nice to freshen up!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love the new look!! Very representative of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new blog look! You don't know how much I admire your blog :) Can't live without tea and books :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. your new header is lovely and turned out really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new header! Great new look.

    xoxo,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks absolutely great Celeste!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey there....I was so inspired by your blog design I too reached out to Suzy. I'm hoping to give mine a little facelift....nothing like newness for a new year. Cheers muchly.

    ReplyDelete