weekend

April 4, 2011
consumed my weekend (movie + book)
favorite of raine
turon and ube ice cream
wreaking havoc
sunday at the park
content with my paleta sandía
What a beautiful, long weekend (hooray for Tuesday/Thursday classes!). I saw Jane Eyre and have nothing but love and adoration for the film. I can't stop thinking about it: the cinematography, the script, the perfect casting. I really could go on and on. But most importantly, it brought me back to the text. After seeing the movie I found my old high school Norton edition with all of my comments and began rereading. It's just as beautiful as when I first read it four years ago.

Among other things, I always appreciate a relaxing weekend at home. I worked on photos for my digital photography class, had a lot of quality family time, and found the perfect veggie burger and sweet potato fries two minutes from my house (unfortunately, I couldn't slow myself down to stop and take photos). Filipino dessert at brunch, Sunday in the park, and watermelon paletas were just the icing on the cake.

13 comments:

  1. you look super cute in that photo. and i want to see that movie now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I cant wait to see that film unfortunately its not showing in my town yet. Glad to hear you liked it

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun photos! i love the purple ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what is that dessert?! It looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ube ice cream and turon! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That filipino dessert looks amazingggggg

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been dying to see Jane Eyre ever since I saw the trailer!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, yes it is from the John Mayer song, I am a huge fan, and that song is probably my most favorite!

    Your blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable, and the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Michelle-- the dessert is turon (a sweet banana and some jack fruit fried in a wrapper similar to egg roll wrappers) and the ice cream is taro flavored. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful blog! :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your food looks amazing. I'm super glad to hear that the movie was good as I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh yummy that filipino dessert is calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
  13. is that ube icecream?!? i haven't seen or tasted that stuff in years. so neat!

    ReplyDelete