m&m cookies

April 7, 2011
colorful
I'm surprised that it's taken me to long to make these. Cookies? Good. M&M's? Good. M&M Cookies? Even better. There isn't much to say. I took my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, replaced the chips with M&M's, and enjoyed my second favorite candy* in the form of a cookie.

*My favorite are Kit Kats. I'm still thinking of ways to incorporate these into another dessert...
mixing
dough balls
funfunfun
m&m cookies
adapted from Alton Brown

2 sticks (1 cup) of butter
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups M&M's

Preheat the oven to 375° F. Melt the butter. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add both sugars and cream together. Add egg, yolk, milk, and vanilla until well combined. Incorporate the flour mixture with the butter mixture. Stir in M&M's. Chill the dough for 15 minutes. Scoop dough balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, each cookie 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Check frequently and turn the baking sheet after 5 minutes for even browning. Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. im eating all natural yogurt right now and pretending it's these cookies.

    ..and it's kinda working.

    side note -- i like cookie dough more than the actual cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love m&m's. love cookies. this recipe is a little piece of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were my favorite! delicious!! bee loved them as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just want to eat all of that dough...

    m&m cookies feel like so much more of an indulgence than regular chocolate chip. Maybe it's the colors? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so yummy and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. M&M cookies are my favorite! I always get them from the cookie place in the mall.. I must try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yumm! My mom used to make these when we were growing up, so looking at them makes me feel like a kid again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum, yum, yum! thanks for sharing.

    xxx
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey thanks for the love on my blog a while back :) i absolutely love your blog. that postsecret you have on the bottom of each page, i used for a project for my boyfriend similar to the europe map with pictures you made for yours. i'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete